Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1/28 Outdoor Wednesday

Outdoor Wednesday logo

It’s time for “Outdoor Wednesday”. What is “Outdoor Wednesday”?

Every Wednesday participants will be posting pictures of anything outdoor on their blog.  It can be something outside of your home such as your porch, deck, patio, garden or lawn. Your photo can be outdoor shots of the beach, forest or mountains. (We don’t want to exclude anyone who might not have a yard). Or, you could simply post pictures of a favorite plant or flower. Only rule is it has to be outside!

To participate:

1. POST- Post your outdoor photos and the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on your blog and link back to A Southern Daydreamer (link) so that others will be able to find all the links to other Outdoor Wednesday posts.

2. (Optional) PLACE LOGO - Place the Outdoor Wednesday logo/button on the sidebar of your blog. It lets others know you will be participating in future Outdoor Wednesdays.

Reminder: Do NOT link in until after your post is up.

3. LINK NAME & PERMALINK- Enter your name and the Permalink to your post (NOT your general blog address) in “Mr Linky”.

  • Why use a permalink instead of your general blog address? A permalink points to a specific blog post after it has passed from the front page to the archives. It will make it easier for readers to find your Outdoor Wednesday posts whenever they get a chance to visit.
  • To create a Permalink: Either 1) right click on Outdoor Wednesday post and “Copy Shortcut/Link Location” or 2) click on your Outdoor Wednesday post title and copy the URL from the http window.
  • Copy your permalink into “Mr Linky” URL box next to your name and select ENTER. You are finished. You should see your name listed on my site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday morning as many of you are waking up I will be sitting in a hospital waiting room waiting for my husband who will be having outpatient hand surgery. It isn’t major……but he is still my best friend…. and I don’t look forward to see him suffer and in pain. I hope we are home by mid-day and I can sit at my laptop and watch him sleep nearby.

I wasn’t sure what to post for this week’s Outdoor Wednesday. It has been dreary and rainy lately and the lack of sunshine has certainly been noticed by ME! I walked out onto our deck today and sighed….it was still overcast and no sign of the sun. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw something….some color! What?

flowering plum

When I bought this tree over ten years ago it was tagged a cherry tree. I soon discovered it was a flowering plum tree. I couldn’t believe my eyes today when I saw it was beginning to bloom!

plum2

I had to go get my camera and get a few pictures!

plum3

Some pictures I took last year on a sunny day. This tree has beautiful bark and beautiful blooms.

bark flower

I will try to take some more pictures over the next few days. Hopefully we won’t have a heavy rain or windy day which would whisk away my beautiful blooms. I know, it’s a silly tree….. but the signs of spring were what I needed today!

Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links. Check back later to make certain you visit all the Outdoor Wednesday participants.

Technorati Tags:

We had 36 participants in the Outdoor Wednesday !  I want to thank again the following for posting (clicking on their name will take you to their Outdoor Wednesday post): Tam, Melissa, Patti Cakes, SheilaDebbie, carolinajewel,   Diane, pendy, Kathy, Cielo, Maryrose, Kathy b, Lana, Anne Marie, Wendy, Kathleen M, claudie, Cindysue, Robyn,   MargaretKatherinellenMerisi, Kathy, Alfazema, CC Catherine, Diane, Lisa, Madeline, JudyBug, Charlotte, Mamapippa, Mumzie, ellen b, Cam, Beth

55 comments:

  1. Oh that is pretty! I noticed some forsythia budding up. I thought about cutting some branches and forcing them indoors. It was warm here today, but more cold weather coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that your DH comes thru just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so jealous. I can't believe you already have blooms on that tree. We're still under a deep freeze until April. But your pictures are beautiful.
    Have wonderful Wednesday,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty pink blooms.

    I will be thinking and praying for you and your hubby tomorrow.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,Thank you for your sweet words. I will be thinking , and praying for you all tomorrow.

    The flowering plum is beautiful, I think flowering trees are beautiful.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I will certainly be with you in spirit as you wait for your husband's surgery. Please check back in with us and let us know how he's doing. You will be in my prayers in the mean time.

    Loved seeing your beautiful tree. I hope the cold doesn't hurt it. The color and bark are amazing. Thanks for sharing that little bit of color peeping through the grey! It's lovely against the starker background.

    Love to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will send up a prayer for you and your husband tomorrow. I hope all goes well and he is home snoozing by your side!

    That tree is breathtaking. What a gift to to see. You got me excited now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful tree! I think we had one of those when I was growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan...You and your husband will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow!
    Your tree is beautiful! I can't believe it's blooming so early! Gorgeous...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice to already have some blooms! Will keep your husband in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow! :D Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pictures are beautiful. What a treat to see the flowers on the tree against the stark background. I'll think good thoughts about you & your hubby. Let us know how you're both doing when you can. ♥♥♥ Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so enjoy seeing what everyone shares on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely, Susan... thanks for hosting this beautiful event... hugs

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful sign that spring really is on the way. I love flowering trees, and plums are especially lovely. Prayers and good thoughts for you and your hubby tomorrow! Thanks for hosting this great event every week. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your husband will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful blossoms, and a treat to see. Hope all goes well with you and hubby tomorrow and I wish for no wind to carry your blossoms away. Thanks, Maryrose

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Susan,

    I am unable to leave a message on your blog! I keep getting an error message. Hey, don't worry about it because I know your DH is having hand surgery. Blessings to the both of you. I am participating in Outdoor Wednesday for the first time. You can see my post here:

    http://web.me.com/britishtea/Site/BLOG/BLOG.html

    All the best, Lana

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe you already have blooms. They are gorgeous. I drove through packed snow and ice tonight.. This really looks more inviting..lol. I tried to leave a comment on your beautiful tablescape.. It wouldn't load for me to do so.. Thanks for swinging by for a visit.. have a super Wednesday Susan.
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Susan, I pray that your husbands surgery goes well and that he heals quickly. Yeah, signs of Spring. We had a flowering plum at our Pa. house. They are beautiful.
    Enjoy the day with your husband.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was so nice to not bother you about Mr Linky this week!!

    Love the scene of the blossoms against the gray sky. Spring is on the way!
    Hope all goes well tomorrow for you both!
    Kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Susan,
    I tried following the instruction you gave me but it just would not paste, I don't know if its my computer or me, probably me.lol
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Susan,
    Thanks for sponsoring the outdoor Wednesday. I won't see blooms like that until May! Very pretty pics. I wish yuur hubby a speedy recovery. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! blooming already? That's amazing. But they sure are pretty. I wonder if that tree will grow in zone 4? I'll have to check it out. ~ Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. Susan,
    Beautiful flowering tree....I love tree that has blossom on it. It's beautiful! My prayers are with your husband and you. I will check back with you later....Hugs and Smiles ~Katherinellen~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Susan, I hope your husbands surgery goes well and wish him a speedy recovery, you have such a lovely blog here and Outdoor Wednesday is a wonderful idea, your photographs are beautiful, I am going to have a go at joining the fun and will be visitng all the other participants tomorrow as it is very late here now, wish me luck and I will be back to see the rest of your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a bright spot to see blooms on a bare tree like that...Nature is wonderful!
    ;-) Bo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Susan,
    Hope all is well with your husband's surgery! I love the signs of spring in new buds!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh how beautiful! Now, I can't wait to get home to see if our peaches are blooming yet. I am i the airport right now. Talk about bloggitis..LOL!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful tree. There were a lot of these trees in the town we lived in in California. Our church had a whole bunch of them. They were so pretty when in bloom. Hope your husband gets along well after the surgery.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely little flowers. They make me wish it was spring already ...

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a beautiful tree, and you have a GOOD camera. I hope that your husband doesn't have too much pain.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pretty Blooms!

    Nary a sign of spring outside my Ohio window!!
    We are told not to even plant anything until May 1! All part of living in the Frozen North, I reckon!

    Blessin's♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, This is so cool! I'm still trying to figure our the hyperlink stuff. Thanks. I'm trying. Yvonne (Mumzie)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Susan, Thanks for hosting Outdoor Wednesday! IT's quickly becoming one of my favorite to participate in. These blooms are awesome, definitely is ringing in spring to me! =) Have a blessed day Susan! Thanks for always stopping by to say a warm hello! ~CC

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good morning Susan! I'm a little late in joining in this week. I am so happy you saw this hope of Spring during your dreary weather. It is always so cool to see a blossoming tree. This looks like it's going to be a beauty. Happy Outdoor Wednesday to you :0)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful gorgeous blooms on your tree. Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the BRIGHT spots in our lives when everything does seem dreary.
    I pray the surgery went well this morning and your 'Best Friend' has a fast recovery and full use of his hand soon.
    Your bloosoms made me think of spring instead of of cold wintry day. They are so pretty. They are so full of promise of great things to come:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your tree must have known that a burst of color was in order :) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So sorry your hubby has to go through this.Bless his heart.But I'm sure with your tlc he'll be back on his feet soon.
    What a wonderful sign of SPRING........I think we're all ready for it.
    I think you know,I live in Texas,it's been in the 70's.Today it's 28 degrees and we're iced in.Even my hubby couldn't go to work today.We don't get much cold,and I have no reason to gripe.But...I'm griping.I want spring.I want spring....Ann

    ReplyDelete
  40. The blooms on your tree are beautiful...spring is just around the corner...it will be here before we know it and I can hardly wait too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello Susan; I am praying for your hubby may he have a fast and pain free recovery. And I loved seeing your beautiful tree, I am so looking forward to seeing my tree bloom... ahhh spring.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  42. I hope your husband's surgery went well. My husband had outpatient surgery on his wrist a few years ago and I was a nervous wreck the whole time I was waiting!

    I don't have a thing blooming yet. Things have tiny buds but that's about it. I enjoyed your pictures.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  43. Isn't nature just amazing.
    What a beautiful gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh dear I just posted and don't know what happened to it. If it shows up dup sorry...

    I hope your husband is resting and not in too much pain.

    I love how you were able to find some magic in the grey day.

    It would be fun to take a picuture of the same branch/tree weekly to watch it makes it's way to full bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  45. i am so happy that you have caught a glimpse of the coming of spring ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. ((Susan)),
    I hope all went well with your hubby's surgery and that he isn't in too much pain. Praying for a swift recovery!

    It was great to see your wonderful first signs of spring - It is sure needed around here. I can't believe how dreary it has been lately. I bet your tree is beautiful when it is in full bloom - can't wait to see signs of Spring in MY yard!
    Blessings to you and your hubby,
    Kymber

    ReplyDelete
  47. I sure am getting alot of nice copliments on my pretty blog dress.Thanks to you dear friend...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  48. Susan, I'm dropping by today to say I hope your husband's hand surgery went well. Sending him get well wishes and you much love...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. This little bit of spring has brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am dreaming of spring....and now I know looking at your tree it is comming.....
    Mo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  51. We are in the dead of winter here in PA. It's so nice to see signs of spring are sprouting out elsewhere.

    Keep us informed on your husbands recovery. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi!..I enjoyed seeing your tree in bloom...I had one just like it but it died in the drought we had. I planted another to take it's place...one of my favorite flowering trees.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Pretty tree and a lovely pic! Hope a cold spell doesn't zap the buds this week. Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I enjoy reading all your thoughts and will try to answer any questions you might have for me. Have a wonderful day....hope to "see"you again soon!